Pages


Free your mind.

10.10.2011

ECT.


       This weekend, I hiked the East Coast Trail. I can't believe that I have lived in Newfoundland my entire life, and haven't seen how beautiful that the island truly is. A seal popped by for a visit as well. My night was spent camping out in an abandoned village named La Manche. It was overcome by a tidal wave in the 1950's, and now it's unreachable by any other means than hiking or by boat. In Newfoundland, many people would call such a land formation 'An Arm', but for the French, it's called a sleeve. La Manche, directly translated would be 'The Sleeve' since the French were the first to settle the tiny cove. The view is enticing, and the ruins and old foundations tell many tales about the past. Staying there was slightly eerie, but it was also magical to imagine La Manch, as it once was.

No comments:

Post a Comment